In February and March, we’re partnering with Benjamin Zappin L.Ac. and Ingrid Bauer M.D. from Five Flavors Herbs to offer 23 hrs of CEU (CA. & NCCAOM approved) classes live online for practitioners.
Programs can be bought individually for $40-$60 each, or you can take the entire series for $350. We’ve included links to each of the individual sessions; you can find them here.
The classes will reinforce and expand upon an L.Ac.’s foundational understanding of TCM herbal formulas by examining how to modify them with Western herbs in the context of areas of specialization including fertility and gynecology, mental health, neurology, and respiratory health in addition to other topics.
These classes emphasize practical therapeutics and strong interprofessional communications that represent their decades of clinical practice, research, tradition, and integrative collaboration.
WEDNESDAY EVENINGS 5 - 8 pm PST (online only)
- February 22: Modifying Chinese Formulas with Western Herbs: Neurological Conditions
- March 1: Modifying Chinese Formulas with Western Herbs: Respiratory Tract
- March 15: Modifying Chinese Formulas with Western Herbs: Mental Health
- March 22: Modifying Chinese Formulas with Western Herbs: Women's Health
Sunday, February 26 (online and in person in Oakland)
- 10 am - 1 pm PST Herb-Drug Interactions and Interprofessional Communication
- 2 pm - 5 pm PST Chaste Berry, Maca, and Ashwagandha for Fertility
Sunday, March 19th (online only)
- 10 am - 1 pm PST Modifying TCM formulas with the Top 10 Western Herbs of Commerce
- 2 pm - 5 pm PST Using Liquid Extracts and Tinctures in the Practice of TCM
Five Flavors is also hosting a free “lunch and learn” series on herbal formulations to assist practitioners with their most challenging patient questions throughout the month of February.
- January 18 & 25: Modifying TCMformulas with Culinary Herbs
- February 1: Western herbal modifications for Cardiology for T.C.M. formulas
- February 8: Modifying TCM formulas for Men’s health with Western herbs
- February 22: Flexible herbalism: Delivery systems, botanical analogues, sources, and access
- March 1 & 15: Dui Yao with Western herbs
- March 22 & 29: Ad Hoc topical formulas for first aid and direct medicine
You can register for those here.
If you register, you’ll receive our 2023 Practitioner TCM Herbs and Botanical Kit, filled with some of our favorite single ingredients and formulas. If you create an account, we’ll also give you 20% off your first practitioner order (up to $500).