What is Traditional Chinese Medicine?
Traditional Chinese Medicine, or TCM, is a range of traditional medical practices ranging from acupuncuture to herbology developed in China over several thousand years.
TCM says processes of the human body are interrelated and constantly interact with the environment. Therefore the theory looks for the signs of disharmony in the external and internal environment of a person in order to understand, treat and prevent illness and disease.
Want to learn more about TCM?
We've assembled a list of helpful sites related to the practice of Traditional Chinese Medicine and herbs:
- Acupuncture.com, Informational site covering the topics of TCM, acupuncture and health and wellness.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine: NCCAM’s web site offers information about acupuncture, herbal treatment and other topics related to health.
- AcupunctureToday.com: Website of the monthly newspaper delivered to members of the acupuncture and Oriental medicine profession.
- Qi Journal: Informational site covering TCM, meditation and Chinese culture, among other topics.
- Foundation for Traditional Chinese Medicine: The website of this U.K.-based organization offers information about their current research projects related to acupuncture and TCM.
- HerbalGram: Website of the American Botanical Council which provides information about medicinal herbs, both Eastern and Western.